Just like Yesterday’s News® Brand Original Formula, the Softer Texture variety is made from recycled paper. But Tidy added a fresh scent and softer texture pellets to this blend so it feels more like regular clay.
Going natural was always a great idea. But the result? Not right. Tidy combined cedar, corn and pine to create a naturally absorbent clumping litter with outstanding odor control. And made Mother Nature proud.
7 1/2 lb, 12 lb and 14 lb resealable, recyclable pouch
Excellent for elderly cats with arthritis. I have 2 - 13 yr old girls and while one seems to never age and is permanently acting like a little kitten her sister has not aged so gracefully and has extreme arthritis in her hind legs. I tried the regular clumping litter, but due to her not being able to stand while using the bathroom, she would instead sit due to her arthritis and the litter would clump to her back legs and paws, causing her to walk crooked. It was terrible and we both had to endure daily baths because I refuse to let her have litter stuck to her, poor thing. So the search began for litter that was safe, non toxic and would not harm my little girl while she ages. Plus I have 2 cats using one giant litter box (I live in a one bedroom apartment)
I tried this litter on a whim, and it was amazing. The litter combined with about 3 cups of crystal litter has been amazing!
1. Smell after use: The litter has no urine smell whatsoever! the urine clumps beautifully and the crystals help to dry out both the urine and feces so fast that cleaning the litter box is a breeze. No issues. Also, this will sound gross, but when you clean it the litter is lighter, but I wanted to see how good this locks out the smell, and the clumps of feces and litter in the garbage bag (so much lighter in weight) smelled like fresh pine! Unbelievable! :) What's amazing is that I can sit right next to the litter box after it's used, and I smell absolutely nothing, nothing at all.
2. Clumping and weight: The litter clumps so much better. It is not a hard clump like clay, but rather clumps softly on top of the litter in the pan which means no more stuck to the sides and bottom of litter pan cleaning for me! :)
3. Sticking to cat: This litter is amazing in the fact that it does not stick to the cat like the clumping litter did. My girl jumps out of the litter box and there is nothing stuck to her legs or feet. Due to it capturing the moisture from the urine and feces fast, she's able to squat and not have to worry about clay sticking to her. Both my girls are so happy! :)
4. Tracking & Dust: This litter has a little tracking but ZERO dust. Not a bit of dust at all. Its so nice to be able to do the litter and have no clouds of dust rising up like the clay and clay clumping litters from before! With my girls, there will always be light tracking, they'd track stuff even if there was no litter in the box Lol, but I just vacuum and it's gone. And much less of it than with clay litters.
5. Smell before use: It smells so good! Not perfumery and febreezy like the normal clay clumping, but it smells like soft pine wood, and is not nauseating, just smells natural like wood and I think that it helps to neutralize any smells in my apartment. Just smells fresh.
6. Longevity of the litter: This litter lasts me for a month and a half. I pour 3 quarters of this bag, plus 2-3 cups of crystals and mix it together in the box. With daily scooping of the clumps of feces and urine, once morning and night, the litter lasts for a month and a half (I add the last part of the bag on week 4). with proper cleaning it will also stay dry. Unlike clay litter which would cause a "sludge" in the pan, this stuff keeps it so dry! At the end of the month and a half, I dump it, soap and water, dry, then spray with alcohol, and reload. Cleaning a pan with clay litter would take me about 30-40 minutes, cleaning with this takes about 10-15 minutes because it really dries out the moisture.
All in all, I'd recommend this to anyone with a little furry one at home, but especially if they have health problems like arthritis. It's made life so much more enjoyable for both of my girls and for me and she's even walking better without that nasty clay clumping litter getting stuck to her. Plus I noticed that she doesn't sneeze like she used to either.
Love this stuff! :)
the first time we tried it, we'd never used anything but scoopable clay litters. we love how lightweight this is and how good it smells. our only problem is finding it in the stores. most of the stores nearby carry it, but it's almost always out of stock. can you recommend a store that will have it more than not. it's very frustrating to find a product you love, then can't fiind it in the stores.
I have a cat that is 14 years old and her paws are very sensitive. The clay litter was causing some discomfort to her and she stopped using her litter box. I brought Pure Nature and she loves it!!!! This product sells out so fast that I have a very hard time finding it. I wish more stores would stock it, Petco ,Petsmart do not carry this item in the Brooklyn Stores.
Needed litter. Spotted this on the top shelf at the grocery store. CEDAR sold me! I have tried other natural litters but this one is the best! It does clump better than I thought it would! No more litter smell in the house! Smells like cedar when you scoop...not urine! Lasts a long time! May not be 99.9% dust free but I rather have the dust of this litter than other! Easy clean up with the vacuum..like sawdust, not pebbles. Only downfall...wish the bag had a handle at the top for better carrying.
Love this Natural kitty Litter! It has saved my 16 year old cat, Lil Mr. T. He was losing his hair, lost a lot of weight and had sores all over. Then I changed to Tidy Cats Pure Nature. Within 1 week, he was a changed Kitty. Within 1 month, he was gaining weight, Sores are all gone, and he has all his hair back! Who knew a Kitty Litter could do that! Pure Nature from Now on!!!
I've been using this product for a while now and i love it and so do the cats. The only downside is that it is dusty and hard to find at stores. I hope they keep making this product.
I've been using this litter for at least two years, switched from clay clumping litter. It doesn't clump quite as hard as the clay and it seems to track a bit more. Otherwise the litter is better in every way. It's light weight, smells wonderful, reduces odors dramatically, even in the heat of summer and is made from renewable resources. I switched from clay because clay is mined. Tearing up the earth for a limited resource to provide something for cats to defecate in is really not necessary.
The very best thing about this litter is how well it reduces odors. I have three cats. If I keep the pans scooped every day, there is no odor problem, period. It's far superior to any clay litter for odor control without any objectionable added fragrances. Just fresh, real pine scent. Please always make this litter.